Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

26 December 2011

My Christmas with my Sailor & Our Families

Well I feel redundant blogging about my Christmas, as it seems everyone has or has been since Thanksgiving, but it just happened to be one of the best Christmases ever, although a change from the usual because one cousin is in Finland as a foreign exchange student, another in California, and my brother in Florida... so here I am blogging at my grandmother's house because I am the lonely grandchild on my mother's side with no young adults to bitch about the elders with.  The dogs are my only two allies!

My Christmas started early, on the 19th at an hour before midnight of the 20th when my sailor finally made it home after a 7-hour trip from North Carolina.  Luckily, we were both exhausted and fell asleep talking or we would have been up all night chatting.  My gift to Eric the next day for Christmas was lunch out in downtown Westminster, MD and a couple's hour long massage!  He deserved it after almost a year since starting at boot camp.  We were on beds next to each other and I had as much enjoyment watching him enjoy it as I did with my own massage.  He never sits still, always touching things or moving his hands, even when he's sleeping he'll be rubbing my back.  With his massage, he was perfectly still.  He could have been a corpse laying there; I had to check to make sure he kept breathing.

My present from my sailor :)



We had some great days hanging out before all the Christmas festivities began.  On Christmas Eve, I spent time with him and his family at Mommom's and Papa's.  It was our first time meeting the whole extended family, you know... cousins from Chicago and Florida and all that.  It was a lot of fun though!  As far as meeting large quantities of families go, they were the best.

On Christmas Eve, my sailor also took a very big step and was baptized.  I am so proud of him!  It's one thing to be baptized as a little baby when your parents decide for you, but to choose to as an adult really shows your commitment to God and the belief.

My sailor and me before his baptism
 After spending the day with his family, my family took the 3.5 hour drive to Indiana, PA to be with our family for the week.  Christmas morning was great.  We skyped with my cousin in Finland for a while and spent the day with each other... eating, drinking, and laughing.

After another day, my sailor will be making his way up here as well to meet my extended family and I can't wait to take him around the town showing him the church where many members of my family have been married, my daddy's grave, and meeting those who have never met a single man of mine because it's been saved for the very best!