Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

16 January 2012

Starting the End of my Senior Year

Just a quick blog tonight because tomorrow is a BIG DAY!  Tomorrow is my very last first day of school!  Well... of year-round school because I'm going to need a few years of a break, a life, and a solid nursing foundation before I think about going back for my Master's.

I can't believe it has been 3 1/2 years of college already!  I am a completely different person looking back on the beginning of my freshman year, but high school doesn't seem so long ago.  It's like 2 different parts of my life.  Maybe because I am still so close with my girl friends from high school, which I am so glad we all are, despite our lives going many different directions over the years!  Whenever we get together, it's as if nothing has changed at all.

Looking in the future, there's a lot coming in the next half year... graduation, commissioning, training, and my first active duty station, plus other non-work/school related things that I'll blog about once they happen ;)

Looking at the class schedule, this semester might be a little bit on the hell-ish side... my nursing practicum, complex medical/surgical nursing, and psychiatric nursing all in one semester.  It won't be mind-boggling, just time consuming.  Blogging might go through phases of desertion on the busy weeks, but I'll at least try to send out some inspiration during the winter months as we all start to get cabin fever by March.