Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

10 March 2012

Spring Break!

It's my very last spring break EVER!  And you know what I'm doing?  Well today my mom and I are heading to Mechanicsburg, PA to go to the commissary at the Army War College and then dinner with my sailor's family.  Tomorrow, maybe church & shopping.  Monday, sleepover.  And the rest of the week is up in the air.  I've never spent a spring break on vacation, well I haven't even been on a vacation since 2007 (not by choice).

But this spring break is different because my last semester as a college senior is half way done.  I find that I'm way beyond ready to get the studying and classes over with and start working and making money.  There will be a lot of changes in the next few months with graduation, taking the NCLEX, commissioning, going to ODS, moving away from home, starting a career, and my sailor & I taking bigger steps together.

Although I want time to go by really, really fast to get to all of those things (some in particular ;) ) but I can't help but to be a little sad for the things I'm leaving behind.  Looking back on how much I wanted high school to end, now I see it as one of the most fun times I've had and made lots of memories.  So I'm trying to enjoy the moments I have left in college, and not be too concerned with the things that will come.  I know they'll get here, I just have to be patient.  Something I am not good at.  I'm also sad because my home and my mom are so important to me now, something that I've realized in the past year.  It's going to be hard to leave my mom all alone in the house and not be able to come home on the weekends or see her as much.

& now I have no idea where I was going with this.

But, my future looks good, damn it.  I can't wait for it all to happen & I know my family, my sailor & my friends will be there, even if I'm far away :)