Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

04 May 2012

Gettin' Ma Hurr Did

I'm not one to regularly get my hair cut & colored on a normal basis. It usually ends up happening twice a year, before or mid-winter, and summer, usually because of money so I'll box dye my hair inbetween. But since graduation is coming up, I decided it was time and I needed to get the half grown out black out of hair once and for all.

I have been going to the same hair dresser for almost 10 years now! (sometimes when I'm counting years I forget I've actually completed college and didn't just finish college instead) Although she's moved locations 3 or 4 times, we have followed her. I even babysat her 4 month old twin girls for the entire summer of my sophomore year. Well they started out at 4 months old, ended up 8 months by the end of summer. Thank God for that job because it helped me on countless questions during my pediatric nursing class.They were so precious!



Going to get my hair cut is such a glorious experience for me, I really think it's like a massage afternoon. Everyone wants to talk but I'd rather sit there with my eyes closed and enjoy my hair being played with. It relieves headaches and stress and let's me relax. Not to mention that my salon gives you a glass of wine to enjoy as well. But even when I was little I would fall asleep in the chair when I got my hair cut. And I've gotten extremely close as an adult!

Usually getting my hair done is pretty extreme.  Let it grow out till it's down my back with the occasional trim to keep it healthy, and then cut off 10+ inches to donate.  I have donated my hair 3 times in the last 7 years through Locks of Love. (BTW if you're hair isn't 10 inches long, they will still take it, they sell the shorter pieces out to wig companies to cover the costs of making theirs & advertising so don't think because it's only 7 inches it can't be donated!)

This time it was only a trim, and stripping out the black so that I was blonde for 30 minutes before going brown again. I know, you can totally tell the difference in my hair cut.... rightttttt.

I'm just bored &  hanging out in a hotel outside of DC waiting for my sailor to get here so we can spend the weekend together before he goes to California for a month to a month and a half for pre-deployment training. Nothing says adult behavior like hanging out in a hotel room... and watching Tangled. haha  I'll never grow up :)