Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

09 May 2012

Graduation Week

It's the week I've been waiting years for, graduation week!  Tonight is the nurses pinning ceremony and Friday is commencement.  It's hard to believe that I actually have made it through 4 years of college, kicking and screaming through some of it.  I can truly say that if it weren't for the people in the program with me that I would have probably given up at one point.  There were lots of bitching sessions before, during, and after class or clinical.  Sometimes I look back at all the papers, care plans, tests, and chapters I had to read and I just think, "How did I ever get all of that done??"

But now it's time for some fun!

My dress I found on Modcloth.com via Wanelo.com, Jessica Simpson shoes & VS bodyshapers!

Tassel, Hood, & Cords!
 I remember my high school graduation like it was yesterday.  I'm thankful I'm still close with my high school group of friends to this day and I hope my favorites of college will stay with me as I travel to NC and begin my Navy nurse career.

The only downfall to all of this is that my sailor left for training in California yesterday.  No cell phone for over a month & he's not here during all my big events he's been helping me reach for a long time. :( 

But, my uncle is coming down & my family will be there so I'm happy with what I have.

Do I feel like Elle Woods?
Slighlty. ;)