Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

27 May 2012

Knit a Prayer Shawl

I made this pattern up myself, and it could not be any easier.  I have gotten countless compliment on the ones I have made.  I currently have the pink one shown, and a fall colored orange and green one.


Pin from my grandmother


You'll need:
1 to 2 skeins of yarn, depending on how tightly you knit. I used one of the Homespun Yarn by Lion Brand Yarn because it's soft, warm, and has a great blend of colors.
24" size 11 circular needles (using circular needles gets rid of any need to have a seam!)
Pendant






Directions:
  1. Cast on 50 stitches.
  2.   Join in the round, placing marker at end of row.
  3. Purl 10 rows.
  4. On rows 11, 21, 31, 41, and 51:  Yarn over every 5 stitches to decrease stitches.
  5. Continue pattern until piece measures to elbows, or desired length.
  6. Bind off.
  7. Add pendant to bunch shoulder for design.
 It's really that easy!