Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

18 June 2012

FINALLY an update!

I am so very proud to say that I took the NCLEX on Friday and I have officially passed and am now a REGISTERED NURSE!

Thanks to many prayers, inspiration, endless hours of studying... it's over!  Now after over a month, I can start to enjoy my last summer vacation, which by that I mean I can get into serious training mode for ODS, which I will now get a date for and commissioning will be scheduled as well!

I'm also excited because today my sailor is finally making his way back to NC after training at Twentynine Palms for the last month and a week, which means he'll get his hands back on his cell phone :)  And coming in the next few weeks, he's meeting with the realtor to (hopefully) buy the one of the townhouses we have been looking at and I'll be moving down there officially by mid-July, if all goes as planned.

Lots to do now that studying is over!