Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

01 June 2012

Inspiration by a Magnet

I came across this magnet, while checking out at Wegman's, and I had to buy it.  Technically, I bought it for my mom but it's in our home right now so I still get to look at it. 

I love it because it reminds you during those times when you keep waiting and working for something in the future that you just can't wait another day for and you just want it to get here already, possibly even skip over a few days or weeks to get there...  So as I sit here, at home, waiting to take my NCLEX, go to ODS, move to NC, begin a deployment, and get married, I try to remind myself to enjoy the time where I am at currently because it has an expiration date.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination...
for a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life.
But there was always some obstacle in the way,
something to be gotten through first,
some unfinished business,
time still to be served,
a debt to be paid.
At last, it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness.
Happiness is the way.
So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one.
-Souza


  So whether it's a new job, a test, to finish your degree, to get married, to find love, to move, to start a family, or whatever else you're waiting for, don't forget these are precious days in your life. 

Life has started!  The time is now!