I made this pattern after many, many failed attempts to get all the stitches in the correct pattern to work with the cables. Let me know if it needs any clarifications.
2 skeins of yarn
Needles, size 7
Double point needles
- CO 14 sts.
- Increase 1 st on the lateral side every other row, 8 times.
- Knit for size of foot, to beginning of heel, about 5 inches (for my size 7.5).
- Decrease 1 st each side every other row, 3 times.
- Knit 2 inches or to end of heel.
- Decrease 1 stitch each side on last row.
- Bind off.
- Repeat for 2nd foot exactly, can be turned over to match opposite foot.
- Cast on 14 stitches.
- Increase 1 stitch lateral side, every other row 10 times.
- Start cable pattern for length of foot, end on Row 8. (Cable pattern below.)
- Add 27 stitches for back and each side, increasing stitches between cables to 4.
- Work in cable pattern to knee.
- Finish with K all stitches 10 rows, decreasing stitches.
- Bind off.
- Sew bottoms to tops, being careful to make sure cable pattern is on top. Start at toe and work around to heel, and then up to knee.
- Add crocheted strings and pom-poms. If wanted, sew on grippers to bottom of feet.
Row 1: P2, K6, P1, K6, P1, K6, P2
Row 2: K2, P6, K1, P6, K1, P6, K2
Row 3 & 4: Repeat rows 1 & 2
Row 5: P2, slip next 3 onto dpn in front of work, K3, K3 on dpn, P1, slip next 3 onto dpn in front of work, K3, K3 on dpn, P1, slip 3 onto dpn in front of work, K3, K3 on dpn, P2
Row 6: Repeat row 2
Row 7 & 8: Repeat rows 1 & 2