Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

01 July 2012

Moving Day!

What a week!  My sailor and I both took the 8-ish hour drive down to Camp Lejeune, NC last weekend to start setting things up.  It was a fun week!  The first night we unloaded the cars and ate pizza on the floor (by delivery! If those of you do not have the pleasure of delivery to your home, you know how exciting this is.) and then set up some blankets and slept on the floor because we had nothing to start out with.

Here's some pictures of our new home.
Everything unloaded from the cars




Our backyard... pinetrees, pinecones, and sand!

Deck
At the end of the week, we had our kitchen all set up!
A boat access & dock, 1 mile walk from home
Things I have noticed since I have been there... the mosquitoes love me, the beach is a 10 minute drive, I'm not going to be in traffic going to work because I'll go through the back gate, I like the left side of the bed, there's not a large population of elderly there, it's not so hard getting used to the people in uniform everywhere, and never go to the commissary the day after pay day.

We have a lot more to do around the house!  But still trying to get all the basics, we did get a kitchen table and mattress thankfully so next on the list are couches and bedroom furniture!