Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

19 December 2012

Home for Christmas!

I somehow managed to make it through my hospital orientation, floor orientation, and first week on my own as a nurse and that all rolled me right into Christmas, so before I make a lovely post about all the nasty but awesome nurse-y things I do now, a quick post about why I love coming home to my grandmother's for Christmas, which I get a nice 4 days to do without taking leave because we drove over night to make happen (which surprisingly wasn't that bad).

So things I love about coming to Grandma's in Pennsylvania:
  • The drive... it's kind of exciting to be going somewhere you know the end of the road is a comfy, loving place.
  • The house... it's not a great house, but it's the standard from coming here my whole life that I love.
  • Movie & knitting time galore!
  • Reading time galore!
  • Seeing the big Catholic church and cross on the high hill looking out my grandmother's back door.
  • Blue Spruce Festival of Lights... light display the Boy Scouts put on every year that really aren't that great but it's a tradition so we have to and we make it fun.
  • Hoss's, Bruno's, Grub's, and Tom's Pizza that they cut in squares
  • Stocking up at Joann Fabrics
  • Pittsburgh Penguin gear everywhere
And, of course, spending time with my family who I only get to see twice a year.