Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

21 February 2013

Mason Jar Decorations

Who doesn't love a mason jar?!

I needed more space in my little pantry so I decided to get creative with storage of items I don't use everyday, which means the baking stuff.  I also happened to need some sort of decoration above the cabinets to fill that empty space.  So I came up with the idea to store flour, sugar, brown sugar, and confectionery sugar in mason jars and put them on display.

 

I wanted to get on the band wagon with the chalkboard paint and went out to buy it from Michael's by Martha Stewart.  I painted the lid with the chalkboard paint only.  However, I was slightly disappointed because writing on it was like in elementary school when you got the portable chalkboard slates and you got the crappy one that was hard to write on.  Going to try some more with the chalkboard paint I bought before I totally diss it.



I love how the jars are decorative and freed up a lot of space in my pantry (I can fit about two 5 pound bags of flour in a large mason jar).