This is a great shawl to wear around the house when you're slightly cold, or gives that kick for a plain t-shirt. The project can be modified by knitting more tightly to make it a more solid piece.
- 1 skein of yarn of your choice (softer is better)
- Large knitting needles (you'll be knitting loosely so size isn't important, I'd try 12 or larger)
- Darning needle
- Cast on 20 stitches, extremely loosely. You'll want each stitch to be 1-2 inches long.
- Knit extremely loosely until piece measures 45 inches long. Bind off all stitches.
- Using bind off edge of piece, sew together that edge to the side of cast on edge, creating a circle.
- Add tassles if desired evenly along bottom edge.
- Using a piece of cardboard, book, or notebook that corresponds to how long you want the tassles, wrap yarn around about 10 times. Cut end of yarn.
- Carefully remove off of measuring tool and wrap yarn around one end tightly. Cut yarn and secure.
- Cut bottom of tassle to free yarn to dangle.
- Secure to project by threading a darning needle and weaving through top of tassle through the loop of yarns.