Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

14 March 2013

DIY EAT Sign for the Kitchen

I had no idea what to do with the overhead space above my cabinets.  From the generation ahead of me, I had a few options.... baskets, baskets, antique kitchen supplies, baskets, and I'm not so keen on those.  From the show Cougar Town, she has a big, bold sign that just says, "EAT" with a fun fabric over.  When I saw it, I loved it!

Unfortunately, we have limited wall space in our kitchen because of doors and cabinets so I decided to put it above the cabinets.  I bought wooden letters, painted them with a few coats, and glued them to a base board.  And I had a perfect sign in my kitchen, which I want to switch out for holidays and put different key words such as, "THANKS" during Thanksgiving or "NOEL" during Christmas, "LOVE" around Valentine's Day, and whatever else comes to mind.