I love this sweater! It's great with shorts, jeans or a dress, and I get so many compliments on it. Currently making it in different colors. Pattern is for a size small. For larger sizes, simply increase the number of stitches casted on and continue with measurements.
- Straight knitting needles, size 5
- 2-3 skeins of yarn
- Darning needle
- Cast on 42 stitches.
- Work ribbing as K6, P6 across rows until piece measure 1".
- Work in st st pattern, increasing 2 stitches (one at each end) every 3 rows until you have 90 sts. Sleeve should be 16.5" long.
- Continue st st pattern until back measures 12"
- Begin decreasing 2 sts (one at each end) every 3 rows until you have 42 sts remaining.
- Work in K6, P6 ribbing for 1". Bind off.
- Sew sleeves together beginning at ribbing for about 11.5"
April 20th, 2013 edit:
I've now added one to my collection in black!