After painting my own wine glasses, I decided to go ahead and make some more totally unique glasses.
I bought the glasses at the Dollar Store, and assorted colors of enamel paint you can get at any craft store or Walmart. It's really simple.
- Clean your glasses.
- Paint your glasses! (The paint will thicken after you put it in the oven.) For making the speckled pattern, you use the back end of a paint brush and dip it in the paint, dotting more at the bottom and slowly fading up the sides of the glass. I used 2 colors for each glass so I would have a dark and light shade.
- Let dry over night before adding a second coat or before setting it.
- Bake the glasses at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. (I know this sounds weird, how can the glasses not break or become easily breakable during this? I don't know.) Use a flat baking sheet and turn glasses upside down for a wider base so they don't fall over. Start the 30 minutes when you first turn the oven on before it is preheated with the glasses already in the oven. There may be a strange odor. This was odd to me so I periodically had to check on them to make sure nothing was burning, melting, or had fallen over.
- After the 30 minutes, turn the oven off and keep the glasses in the oven as it cools.
- When glasses are completely cool, remove from oven and enjoy! The glasses should be top rack dishwasher safe or hand washable. I have washed mine in the dishwasher on the top rack and they were perfectly fine.