I am so excited to see him get off of that bus and get the biggest hug!
Things I learned this deployment:
- Have all passwords & usernames to every. single. thing. written down, just in case.
- Keep busy.
- It's possible to make it without broadcasting on facebook how sad & lonely you are. In fact, if you don't, you won't need to check your facebook and remind yourself how lonely you are.
- Make friends (especially if you're staying on/around base and family is far away) and actually go out with them continuously.
- Go stay with family for the duration if possible or have them come to you.
- Get a pet to keep you company. If it wasn't for my dog and cat to welcome me home everyday and who relied on me, I would have been much more depressed.
- Allow yourself sad days and then the next day get over it. You can only shed so many tears and worry so much before life calls you back. Watch your favorite sad movie, get it all out, and march on.
- Don't bring up how sad & lonely & how much you miss them every time you talk. It's much worse being on that end.