Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

27 May 2013

DIY Coffee Table Into Cushioned Bench


I always wanted a cushioned bench but never found one I absolutely loved in stores.  So I took a trip around to thrift stores and found this lovely coffee table that I could use to turn it into a big one!


Most of the damage to it is a bunch of scratches on top of the table, and luckily, I won't even have to bother sanding them out since it will be covered.

First thing I did was buy my supplies.  I picked up some foam and fabric from Joann Fabrics and spray paint.  The legs were in good shape so I didn't need to sand anything down so I got right to cleaning it and spray painting.


I used a staple gun to position the foam and cut off the extra length.  Then I centered the fabric and folded under the frayed edge to keep it secure.



And that's it!