Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

12 June 2013

Deployment Homecoming Decorations: How to make a Pendant Banner

And after all the thorough cleaning, organizing, & shopping, I had a pristine home ready to welcome my sailor back into.  I wanted my home to have a few decorations to celebrate and something I could re-use for holidays or around the house.



Pendant Banner:
You'll need:

  • 1 yard of each fabric you use (I used 4 different patterns)
  • Ribbon/string for the length you want
  • Hot glue
1. Measure and cut triangles with a 6" base and 9" sides.
2.  Arrange triangles in pattern you want them to be hanging.
3.  Lay out string and hot glue a line across the base of the triangle on the wrong side of the fabric.  Carefully place the ribbon on the line of glue.
4.  I wanted mine to be secured tightly because it would be hanging outside so I put a second line of glue on top of the ribbon and folded the fabric over so it was the whole way around.















The banner is great for parties and in kids' rooms!
 There's going to be a lot more of these in my future...