Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

05 August 2013

DIY Scrabble Piece Coasters

We're big fans of Scrabble in our house.
Last year, I made Scrabble ornaments for family members.  You can see that DIY here.



This year, I made Scrabble coasters!

I found the extra letter pieces on Etsy (cheapest there, also on ebay and Amazon).  I found the cork pieces at Bed, Bath & Beyond and all I did was put together the words and gorilla glue them together.

I decided to make each word upside down so that either way you turned it, you could read a word.  It also prevented you from trying to make words going down instead of just horizontally.  Each one had a theme that the words fit into, like wine, home, and Italian dinners.