Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

18 September 2013

Our Wedding Vows

Eric & I decided to write our own wedding vows, as well as say the traditional ones, and I wanted to share them with everyone.


My vows to Eric...
My vow to you is this... from some of the best love stories of all time, and some of our favorite movies, Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Braveheart, Runaway Bride, Lord of the Rings, The Notebook, The Princess Bride, Harry Potter, and Elf.

I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the words, which laid the foundation.  It is too long ago.  I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun. 
(Pride & Prejudice)
You have bewitched me body and soul and I love you, and I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. 
(Pride & Prejudice)

We are joined by the bonds of love, and you cannot track that, not with a thousand bloodhounds, and you cannot break it, not with a thousand swords.
(The Princess Bride)

I guarantee there'll be tough times.  I guarantee that at some point, one or both of us will want to get out of this, but I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life because I know, in my heart, you're the only one for me. 
(Runaway Bride)

So it's not gonna be easy.  It's gonna be really hard, and we're gonna have to work at this every day but I want to do that because I want you.  I want all of you, forever, you and me everyday. 
(The Notebook)

I would rather share this one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone. 
(Lord of the Rings)


I will love you my whole life.  You and no other. 
(Braveheart)

My heart is and always will be yours. 
(Sense & Sensibility)


After all this time? Always. 
(Harry Potter)


And the plain simple truth of our love is that you make me smile.
I just like to smile. Smiling's my favorite. 
(Elf)




And Eric's vows to me...
There's never been a better day in my life than a day I've spent in love with you.  Until death do us part, I vow to always put you and our family first and to stand resolutely by your side even when we're at our worst, to adopt and support your dreams as my own, and to give you my everlasting love to call your very own.  I vow to forever and faithfully always be yours.  I even promise to help with the household chores.  I promise to grow with you together as a couple until the end of time, and I promise to adopt and treat your family as if ther were mine.  I promise to treat you with respect and listen right from the start and to sacrifice and compromise and to give you my heart.  From this moment forward, forever and faithfully yours, I will always, always love you.




Photos by Alison Mish Photography