Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

16 December 2013

DIY: Christmas Ornament Wreath

One of my favorite things to come out of my pinteresting (yup, it's a verb now) is all of the creative wreaths that people make!  I made myself one for the Christmas season.

 You'll need:
  • Plastic ornaments (do not use glass... easier to break) I found mine at Walmart.  You're going to need more of these than you think!  I ended up using around 35 large ornaments and 35 small ones.
  • Hot glue & gun
  • Wire hanger
  • Plyers
  • Wreath hanger


  1. Separate ornaments into color so that you can decide how to make your pattern.
  2. Hot glue ornament tops into ornament.  Despite reading blogs that did this and said to make sure you do this, I didn't.  Ended up taking it apart and doing it later. 
  3. With your hands or plyers straighten wire hanger and form into a semi-circle.
      4.  Begin stringing on the ornaments.
     5.  When complete, twist hanger ends together to secure.
     6.  Hang on your front door and enjoy all your neighbors oogling it!