- 4 large skeins yarn
- 1 contrasting color yarn skein for heart
- Size 7 & 8 straight needles
- Double pointed needles
- Darning needle
- With smaller needles, CO 92 stitches.
- Work in seed stitch for 1".
- Change to larger needles and working in stockinette stitch, knit increasing 8 stitches in the first row.
- Work even on 100 stitches until 10.5" from beginning. Mark each edge for armholes.
- Work even until 18" from beginning.
- Knit 34 sts; bind off central 32 sts, knit remaining 34 sts and place on holder.
- At each inside neck ege, decrease 1 st every row 8 times. Work even on 26 sts until 20" from beginning.
- Change to smaller needles and work across shoulder sts, pick up sts around neck edge and work across opposite shoulder sts.
- Change to seed st and work for 1". Bind off all.
- Work as for back until 17" from beginning.
- Knit 38 sts, place on holder, bind of the next 24 sts and knit remaining 38 sts.
- At each neck edge decrease 1 st every row 12 times. Work even on 26 sts until same length as back, then complete with seed st band as done with back.
- Sew side seams up to armhold markers.
- With smaller needles, pick up and knit 96 sts across arm hole, beginning at one shoulder bind off and ending at other shoulder, place on double pointed needles.
- Work sleeve bands in seed stitch for 3 1/2".
- Sew shoulder seams and 1" of seed st sleeve bands.