Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

03 December 2014

The Food we ate in Italy

The questions everyone has asked since we got back from Italy has been... what was your favorite city?  How was the food?

I had said I was going to take a picture of all the food we ate... but I failed because I would just dig into it.  We had lots of pizza margherita (thin cheese pizza) in Rome and lots of spaghetti bolognase in Florence.

I loved the buffalo mozzarella they use on their pizzas and a goat cheese & pepper white sauce on the pasta.  Also, the bolognase is delicious!






We were so dehydrated at the end of each day because thorough the day we would drink wine and coffee.  It took a few days to get accustomed to take very small sips of the espresso because it will make your heart race like crazy if you don't.

Italians aren't big breakfast eaters so after the first few days of eating bag scrambled eggs, I gave up and ended up eating rocket salad, and ham and cheese for breakfast.


Pesto bruschetta... yum!



Gelato!

One of the last days, I needed a hamburger so bad.  We found a Hark Rock Cafe.  I ate the entire thing.

Limoncello