Meg Joins the Navy

A new member of the Navy Nurse Corps and a proud wife of a Navy corpsman stationed together at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.

28 July 2015

1 month till PCS

In exactly 31 days we will have our house packed up and I'll be getting my orders stamped to change duty stations after 3 crazy years at Camp Lejeune.  It's a good time for reflection and for looking ahead to the future.

A lot has happened in those 3 years... a marriage started, our family grew to accommodate another fur baby, we moved 500 miles away from home, started new jobs, started my nursing career, switched nursing jobs, traveled internationally and domestic, survived a deployment, and spent holidays and special events away from family.  

3 years ago I was a different person than I am now.  I'm stronger, more confident, more family-oriented, and less selfish.  I went from being a poor, broke college student to a financially independent nurse with some experience.  I believe the nurses I've learned from, first on the postpartum unit and then on labor & delivery, have taught me not only how to be a good nurse, but a better person, wife, and someday a mother.

So here's a shout out to the crew I've spent half of my week with for the last 3 years and the faces I'll always remember.


North Carolina will be missed.